Organic Pest Control and Lawn Care
ALLGone Service offers low-toxicity, "organic" pest control and law care services for consumers who prefer a less-toxic, more environmentally friendly methods of managing pest populations. These customers understand that "green" pest control seeks to manage pest populations to acceptable levels, rather than necessarily eliminating them.
For customers willing to make this commitment to the environment, we offer our Alternative Pest Control Program. Here's how it works.
We start by thoroughly inspecting your home and property for existing pest problems as well as conditions conducive to pest infestation, such as:
- Moisture problems (broken downspouts, poor grading, etc.)
- Structural gaps and cracks that provide access for pests to enter your home
- Tree limbs that touch or overhang the roof line
- Broken windows screens and door sweeps
- Wood in contact with the soil
- Deficiencies in landscaping or lawn care
Once we complete our inspection, we provide the homeowner with a list of problems and our recommendations for correcting them.
3. Non-Chemical Control Methods
We can use several completely non-chemical methods of pest control, as appropriate to the situation. These may include:
- Insect electrocutors (in outdoor areas only)
- Habitat modification
- Fertilization or aeration of lawns
The cost for these services varies widely depending upon the equipment and labor required.
4. Naturally-Derived Pest Control Products
Only when needed (and after consultation with the customer), we will apply naturally-derived products for the control of existing pest populations. These fail into three broad categories:
- Botanicals are materials derived from plants, such as pyrethrum and d-limomene.
- Borates are insecticides containing boric acid, one of the oldest low-risk insecticides.
- Desiccants are irritant dusts or powders that cause an insect to dehydrate.
Some of these products are considered to pose such minimal risk that they aren't even legally considered "pesticides" and are exempt from EPA registration.
To learn more about Alternative Pest Control or any of our services, please contact us.
817-589-1632 · Back to Top